Monday, December 10, 2007

Choices Choices

Hey y'all. It's been a while.

I have been a bit busy. Most of it taking care of my 6-month-old and working, but also watching the Mrs. William J. Clinton/B. Hussein Obama battle.

So far, I haven't seen a whole lot of mudslinging (yet) from the Republicans. Then again, the MSM hasn't said much about the Republicans. It's always Clinton, Obama, Edwards, or what celebrity is endorsing which one of the above.

Well, I'm no celebrity, and I am not endorsing anyone yet for president. However, of all the Republican candidates, Romney and Huckabee seem to be the two that I would want more than the others. Guiliani would be a third...I think he'd make a good VP, or maybe Homeland Security director. He might make a good president, but I think his stance on illegal immigration stinks. But, that's me.

Here's a couple of Huckabee's ads that I've seen on YouTube. I can't disagree with anything he said.

Okay you conservatives: VPCheney, BA Moonshadow, Macon County Republican, ?Spongeblog (where are you at?)....what do you think?




5 comments:

Caesar said...

Piantare una grana. I've been slighted!

LincolnRepublican said...

Je suis désolé...

I guess I've been out of the loop for a while. I didn't even know about What Say You. Just got done lookin' round. NICE!!

Thanks for opening my eyes to another voice of conservatism.

So, whaddaya think? Can the Republicans beat Hillary and the Clinton News Network?

Caesar said...

The short answer is yes providing the right candidate is nominated. Mitt and Rudy are liberal enough on some issues to at least sway a few votes from Hillary in the New England states, New York, California, Ohio and Glagonois. Huckabee would be vilified in a national election. Hillary still has her hands full with B. Hussein.

I am starting to find the local elections are as thrilling as the state and national contests.

MCR said...

Caesar, nice to have you on board. I would agree with you that Romney and Huckabee are probably the two front-runners. I have a feeling though that it will be the illegal immigration question that will decide who gets the nomination. That being said, Huckabee will not be the nominee. Neither would Rudy Guiliani. I have a feeling that most republicans aren't going to care whether Governor Romney is a Mormon or not, but where he stands on national security, stimulating the economy, and fighting the war on terror.

I'm going to back a republican in this race soley because I know that Clinton, Obama, Edwards or any other democrat would NOT make decisions that would be in our best interest with respect to national seccurity, stimulating the economy or fighting the war on terror.

By the way, I saw a great T-shirt on cafepress.com...it quotes Ecclesiastes 10:2.

Check it out

BA Moonshadow said...

I agree with MCR about Huckabee and Guiliani. Huckabee hasn't gone through the media gauntlet yet, but I don't see him making it through as the nominee. I think that Duncan Hunter is the best, truest conservative of the bunch, but I still like Fred Thompson as the nominee who could win the general election. McCain was hurt too badly by the backlash on his comprehensive immigration reform support to bounce back.